Scene work and monologues for theater students

Friday, March 10, 2006

Monologue From "Hamlet"

Ophelia: "My Lord, as I was sewing in my closet, Lord Hamlet, with his doublet all unbraced he comes before me. He took me by the wrist and held me hard. then goes he to the length of all his arm, and with his other hand thus o'er his brow, he falls to such perusal of my face, as'a would draw it. Long stayed he so. At last a little shaking of mine arm and thrice his head thus waving up and down, he gave a sigh so piteous and profound as it did seem to shatter all of his bulk and end his being. That done he lets me go, and with his head over his shoulder turned, he seemed to find his way without his eyes for out o' doors he went without their helps, and to the last bended their light on me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home