Scene work and monologues for theater students

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Scene from "Walk the Line'

Carlene: Momma, Johnny Cash is here! (pause) Momma, Johnny Cash is here. June: Hi, John. Hey girls can you go inside in the living room and clean up that mess. Johnny: I tried to call but I think there's something wrong with your phone. June: Look at you, have you looked in a mirror lately? How are you gonna sing when you can't even talk? Johnny: I got the laryngitis, member? (pause) Marry me, June. June: Oh, please, get up off your knees you're pathetic. Come on, I don't want my girls seeing somebody like this. Johnny: Come on, Baby. June: Where's my friend John? Did he get high, is he incognito, is he gone? Cause I don't like this guy Cash. Johnny: I ain't incognito. I'm right here. See, I'm here. June: Fine, where's your car? Johnny: It's in makeup! June: You walked here all the way from Nashville. Johnny: Yeah, well walking's good for you. See I'm trying to get in shape June, cleans out your system. Walks are spiritual, I'm on a love walk, the June Carter love walk. A memorial. June: You what I'm supporting more than myself right now. Please do not blow another tour. Johnny: Ah, June love's more important than a tour. June: Is that right? Johnny: yeah it is. June: Well, than start loving yourself, so we can go back to work. Johnny: Alright June. Hey you keep your phone on and I will too. I'll call, I'll call you. When you're feeling better I'll call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home