Scene work and monologues for theater students

Monday, January 22, 2007

Center Stage

Jody:Wait. For ten years, all I've wanted was to be one of American Ballet Company's perfect ballerinas. I've wanted to be you Juliette. But I'm not you, and I'm not perfect, I'm just me, bad feet and all. And, I'm starting to think I like that even better. Please don't. Because if you're not going to offer me a place in the company, then i don't want to hear it...and if you are...I might not have the strength to say no--and then I'd be spending my best dancing years in the back of a corps waving a rose back and forth and I'm better than that. So...Thank you, Jonathan for making me the best dancer I could be. I appreciate it more than I can say, really. Because the best dancer I can be is a principal in Cooper Nielson's new company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home