Scene work and monologues for theater students

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

It's a Wonderful Life

Potter: George, now that's what I like so much about
you. George, I'm an old man, and most people hate me.
But I don't like them, either, so that makes it all
even. You know, just as well as I do that I run
practically everything in this town but the Bailey
Building and Loan. You know, also, that for a number
of years I've been trying to get control of it or kill
it. But I haven't been able to do it. You have been stopping me. In fact, you have beaten me, George, and
as anyone in this county can tell you, that takes some
doing. Take during the depression, for instance. You
and I were the only ones that kept our heads. You saved the Building and Loan, I saved all the rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home