Scene work and monologues for theater students

Monday, August 21, 2006

The Merry Wives of Windsor Act 2 scene 1

Mistress Ford: We burn daylight: here, read, read; perceive
how I might be knighted. I shall think the worse of
fat men, as long as I have an eye to make difference
of men's liking: and yet he would not swear;
praised women's modesty; and gave such orderly and
well-behaved reproof to all uncomeliness, that I
would have sworn his disposition would have gone to the
truth of his words; but they do no more adhere and
keep place together than the Hundreth Psalm to the tune
of 'Green Sleeves.' What tempest, I trow, threw this
whale, with so many tuns of oil in his belly, ashore at
Windsor? How shall I be revenged on him? I think the best
way were to entertain him with hope, till the wicked fire
of lust have melted him in his own grease. Did you ever
hear the like?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home