Scene work and monologues for theater students

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Romeo and juliet: actIII scene V

Enter Capulet, Lady Capulet, and Paris

Capulet: Things have fall'n out, sir, so unluckily, that we have had no time to move our daughter. Look you , she loved her kinsman Tybalt dearly, and so did I. Well, we were born to die. 'Tis very late; she'll not come down to-night:I promise you, but for your company, I would have been a-bed an hour ago.
Paris: These times of woe afford no time to woo. Madam, good night: commend me to your daughter.
Lady Capulet: I will, and know her mind to-morrow; To-night she's mew'd up to her heaviness.
Capulet: Sir Paris, I will make a desperate tender of my child's love: I think she will be ruled in all respects by me; nay more, I doubt it not. Wife, go you to her ere you go to bed; Acquaint her here of my son Paris' love; And bid her, mark you me, on Wednesday next- But soft, what day is this?
Paris: Monday, my lord.
Capulet: Monday! ha, ha! Well, Wednesday is too soon; O' Thursday let it be: o' Thursday, tell her, She shall be married to this noble earl. Will you be ready? do you like this haste? We'll keep no great ado; a friend or two; For, hark you, Tybalt being slain so late, it may be thought we held him carelessly, being our kinsman, if we revel much: Therefore we'll have some half-a-dozen friends, and there an end. But what say you to Thursday?
Paris: My lord, I would that Thursday were to-morrow
Capulet: Well, get you gone: o' Thursday be it then. Go you to Juliet ere you go to bed, prepare her, wife, against this wedding-day. Farewell, my lord. Light to my chamber, ho! Afore me, it is so very very late, that we may call it early by and by: Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home