Scene work and monologues for theater students

Monday, March 27, 2006

romeo and juliet: act 2 scene 4

This scene involves the Nurse, Romeo, Mercutio, Peter, and Benvolio.
Mercutio: A sail, a sail!
Benvolio: Two, two; a shirt and a smock.
Nurse:Peter!
Peter: Anon.
Nurse: My fan, Peter.
Merutio: Good Peter, to hide her face; for her fan's the fairer of the two.
Nurse: God ye good morrow, gentlemen.
Mercutio: God ye good den, fair gentlewoman.
Nurse: Is it good den?
Mercutio: Tis no less, I tell you; for the bawdy hand of the dial is now upon the prick of noon.
Nurse: Out upon you! what a man are you?
Romeo: One gentlewoman, that God hath made himself to mar.
Nurse: by my troth, it is well said; 'for himself to mar,' quoth a'? Gentlmen, can any of you tell me where I may find the young Romeo?
Romeo: I can tell you; but young Romeo will be older when you have found him than he was when you sought him: I am the youngest of that name, for fault of a worse.
Nurse: You say well.
Mercutio: Yea, is the worst well? very well took. i' faith; wisely, wisely.
Nurse: If you be he, sir, I desire some confidence with you.
Benvolio: She will indite him to some supper.
Mercutio: A bawd, a bawd, a bawd! So ho!
Romeo: What hast thou found?
Mercutio: No hare, sir; unless a hare, sir, in a lenten pie, that is something stale and hoar ere it be spent. Romeo, will you come to your father's? we'll to dinner thither.
Romeo: I will follow you.
Mercutio: Farewell, ancient lady; farewell, (exits singing) lady, lady, lady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home