Scene work and monologues for theater students

Monday, March 13, 2006

"Walk the Line"

Johnny: June? June:What's wrong John? Johnny:Bad dreams. Memories. June: Well you need to get some rest sweetie. You did good tonight, but we got another show tomorrow. Johnny:Yeah. Hey listen. We need, well I think it's about time we.......I think it's about time we.... June:Time for what? Johnny: For you and me to get married. June: Go to sleep John. Johnny:I don't wanna sleep, I wanna marry you and I'm telling you it's the time. June:Well I'm tellin you with 100% certainty that it's not the time. It's not about time. It's not the right time, it's not even a quarter to the right time. Johnny:June, how do you know, I mean.... June:You haven't been clean even 6 months. Except for a honeymoon you haven't even thought about what you're asking me. Johnny:Yes I have. I have, it's all I've thought about. June:Well how's it gonna work John? Where we gonna live? Waht about my girls? What about your girls? What about your parents John? Your daddy won't even look at me. Johnny:June that stuff will just work itself out. June:No it does not work itself out, people work it out for you and you think it works itself out. Johnny: You're scared. June: What? Johnny:You're scared of being in love. You're scared of losing your joy. You know what June Carter, I think you're scared of living in my big fat shadow. That's your problem. June: Oh, really, is that my problem? My problem is it's 2am. My problem is I'm asleep. I'm on a tour bus with 8 stinking men. Rule number one:Don't propose to a girl on a bus, you got that? Rule number 2: Don't tell her it's cause you had a bad dream. Johnny:June? June:What? Johnny:Marry me? (pause) that's, that's the last time I'm asking. June:Good, I hate reruns!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home