Scene work and monologues for theater students

Monday, January 22, 2007

A Cinderella Story

Austin:Sam. Okay, I know what you think, I'm just some...
Sam:Coward? Phony?
Austin:Okay, just listen.
Sam:No, you listen. You turned out to be exactly who I thought you were. i never pretended to be somebody else. It's been me all along. And it was me who was hurt in front of everybody. Look I didn't come here to yell at you, okay? I know what it feels like to be afraid to show who you are. i was. But I'm not anymore. And the thing, I don't care what people think about me because I believe in myself. And I know that things are gonna be okay. But even though I have no family, no job, and no money for college...it's you that I feel sorry for. I know that guy that wrote those emails is somewhere inside of you, but I can't wait for him. Because waiting for you is like waiting for rain in this drought. Useless and Disappointing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home