Scene work and monologues for theater students

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Cool Hand Luke

(Luke has just entered and abandoned church as he attempts to escape from a chain gang so he can have a conversation with God)
Luke: Anybody here? Hey old man, you home tonight? Can you spare a minute? I know i'm a pretty evil fellow: Killed people in the war an'..got drunk..and chewed up municipal property in life, I know I got no call to ask for much, but even so, you gotta admit you ain't dealt me no cards in a long time...From here, it looks like, you got things fixed so I can never win out! inside, outside, all them...rules, and regulations, and bosses. You made me like I am! So just, where am I supposed to fit in? Old man, I gotta tell ya...I started out pretty strong and fast. But it's beginning to get to me. When did it end? What do ya got in mind for me? What do I do now? All right. All right. On my knees, asking...Yeah, that's what I thought...I guess I'm pretty tough to deal with, huh? A hard case...yeah, I guess I gotta find my own way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home