Scene work and monologues for theater students

Monday, January 22, 2007

Tortured Eves

Franny: (To her deceased husband) This is just like you ducking out before it's over! Weddings, parties, your life. Hal a little notice would have been nice! How do you expect me to take care of all this by myself? And what am I supposed to do about the lanai you started tiling? Finist it? Okay do they sell tile in the fabric store? You see? I can't do this without you. It's not the tile, it's everything. It's going to sleep at night alone, it's trying to get out of bed in the morning without a reason. You pretty soon the kids are going to be down here selling the house and moving me up north to some nursing home. You know so they don't have to worry, of course the won't say that. They'll say something like, so they can be closer to me. How am I suppsed to argue with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home